Monday, May 08, 2006

I would like this superpower....

The Dilbert Blog: Getting Abused Toward Success:
"My other superpower is that I don’t mind embarrassing myself in public. If I had to pick one quality that best predicts success (other than wanting to be successful) it would be the willingness to risk embarrassment.

Take this blog, for example. I could afford to pay an editor to correct all of my writing before all of you nitpickers notice that I can’t spell common words. Or I could save that money via a process that I call “not giving a shit.” Ka-ching!


A large part of being a big-time cartoonist involves live interviews on camera, and giving speeches to large crowds. Those activities terrify people that have a normal fear of embarrassment. Not me. If I’m going to embarrass myself, I want witnesses, and lots of them. The entertainment value seems wasted if only one person notices."

No comments:

Post a Comment