Friday, November 18, 2005

SuicideGirls > Words > Sarah Silverman

SuicideGirls > Words > Sarah Silverman:
"DRE: What rights are you most looking forward to losing if the new Supreme Court nominee takes his seat?

Sarah: Is there anything left? I guess abortion. That’ll be fun to just have to sneak around to do that, just to put the excitement back into abortion.

...DRE: Have you ever been called to perform at a Jewish event with them knowing you are Jewish but not knowing the exact content of your act?

Sarah: I have had that experience. Jews are usually the best audiences because they let a lot slide. But I was asked to perform at a temple to raise money for a temple in LA. I’m ethnically Jewish but I’m not religious. I have no religion. I’m almost positive there is no God. But I kept telling them that I don’t have a clean version of my act and it’s very racy. They said “Oh they love that. It’s very progressive.’

DRE: What happened?

Sarah: I lost them almost immediately.

DRE: [laughs] Do you remember what joke it was?

Sarah: I don’t remember except that once it starts going bad I go full force. I probably did the Bayer Aspirin one. I did Holocaust jokes. I got nothing except upset groans. I just kept going because there’s that part of me that feels like I should do the time they asked for. When I got off stage one person was clapping. Then I saw that it was my sister.

...DRE: Is there any advice you’d give children?

Sarah: Don’t get AIDS. "

No comments:

Post a Comment