Sunday, October 23, 2005

Enkai




Enkai - work/group related dinner/drinking party - is where folks tend to loosen up... They usually have them a couple times a year, the beginning and end, graduations, after special events and the like.

So there was one after the Bunkasai. And much eating and drinking was done by all.

The staff of Tsuyazaki Jr High were all suitably impressed that I had managed to learn the names of all the teachers.

Yes, expectations are low for the foreigners here.

Disclaimer: Despite my wife's assertions, I personally do not feel that the liberal consumption of alcohol that evening had anything at all to do with my crash on my bike later on that night. Or the resultant sprained wrist incurred.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment